Am I alone on liking frilly white knickers in cancans as the most exciting?
Those in the wonderful movie Paris Cancan are the norm.
Anything else just does not really turn me on. Although red frilly knickers almost excite!
My girlfriend knows this . And I do not mind if she shows them (accidentally!!) when we go out.
When we play at home, a flash of these frilly white knickers under a French maid uniform arouses me in an instant.
Anyone comment?
Lawson01, There are quite a few of us, like me, that like to see the dancers in frilly whites, but there is a wide variety of taste here on that subject, from "less is more" to black is sexiest. Here is a slide show that you (and others) of the frilly white school of costuming may find appealing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC3p4SS5yts If you like the French maid look, you might also find Kickin Up, our related gardetanz site, of interest. The costumes are somewhat similar and high kicks are part of the dance routines. A link is on the What's New page of this site. Apply, and one of us will approve your membership. Barbebleu
ReplyDeleteHi Lawson Well this is a well-tried debate over the years and, as Barbebleu states, no size fits all. Talk to my mate Dave Elton and white is essential: he always sighs when I ask his dancers to wear black knickers but they can be very sensuous too, but only with suspenders and black stockings. Crash Dance (follow http://my.break.com/content/view.aspx?ContentID=428403 for a great video) are extremely sexy as well as being terrific dancers. Coloured knickers can also be good but only if they are brief enough and with suspenders. Personally, I find bloomers (of whatever colour) disappointing and tights not so appealing (but if the dancers are good then I can live with that). So, if pushed, and everything else was equal, I would always go for black. Antoine
ReplyDelete.Antoine, cancan with bloomers are anathema to us fans, I agree. You are perfectly entitled to loving black knickers plus suspenders and stockings. I agree to the variety of colours.
ReplyDeleteMaybe my liking for white dates back to the lack of colour in early years in print, and the white knickers contrasted with the dark skirts.
I produced an amateur group of actors and a Vernon Silvaine farce required a cancan to introduce act one.
I appointed a choreographer and was amused to hear her tell the girls applying to come in skirts and stockings and suspenders for the audition.
To my delight, EVERY girl wore white knickers on the day. And some had lovely frills!
When we chatted after the auditions, the girls all said how much they enjoyed lifting their skirts. What would their mummies have said? A few weeks later, I became engaged to one of the girls, Liz. It did not last long, but we certainly shared a common love of the cancan and its eroticism for a happy time!!
But not black knickers!!!
I have to agree 100% with lawson1 for white petticoats and knickers make the dance, after all, that's how it started
ReplyDeleteI can confirm Antoine's comments. He has visited my studio on more than one occasion BUT was gracious enough to have the girls dance in white frillies for some of the time. I can also confirm his preference for black knickers ( as worn by his football team).
ReplyDeleteSeriously though I am of the opinion that white is sexier, more feminine, and in general was always worn back in the heyday of this great dance (with the odd exception).
It does seem to me, however, that modern trends are leaning heavily towards black knickers, as David Price pointed out recently, and those abominable split skirts.
Nothing quite those old clips from the Bal Tabarin, Nouvelle Eve and Moulin Rouge in the fifties. White frillies, black stockings and skirts held high. Marvellous!
Dave
Maybe a few of our female members would be willing to contribute to this discussion; I have the impression that at least some women would view the issue much differently to the average male.
ReplyDeleteHi Barbebleu,
ReplyDeletePlease tell me how to locate the Gardetanz site Kickin Up.
Much appreciate your help.
Lawson
Lawson, Go to: http://groups.msn.com/KICKINUP You'll have to apply to join. One of us will approve your membership. Once approved, you should be able to log in using the same member ID and password you use on this site. Basically just use the same process you used to join this group. Barbebleu
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteAllo mes amis!
On the question of knickers I can tell you that with the Saucy Tarts it's always a question of what's going to look the most fetching with a particular costume. When we wear what we call our "flame skirts" we wear red knickers and when we wear our shorter striped black & white skirts we wear black knickers. We're currently saving up our pennies to have a new set of more traditional costumes made (a gorgeous blue overskirt with white ruffled underskirt) that will be worn with white knickers with cute little ribbons at the bottom.
Speaking of saving our pennies we've been trying to come up with new and clever ways to earn money towards our costume and studio space rental fund. We've toyed with all sorts of ideas (Signed glossies? A Saucy Tarts bake sale? Cancan-ograms? Cancan-themed life drawing sessions? A Friends of the Saucy Tarts Society?) but we're not sure what will catch people's attention. Does anyone have an suggestions for us?
xo
Licorice Tart
________________________________
> From: cancaninc@hotmail.com
> To: CLUBCCD@groups.msn.com
> Subject: Re: Choice of knickers
> Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 22:26:28 -0700
>
> Maybe a few of our female members would be willing to contribute to this discussion; I have the impression that at least some women would view the issue much differently to the average male.
_________________________________________________________________
Try Chicktionary, a game that tests how many words you can form from the letters given. Find this and more puzzles at Live Search Games!
http://g.msn.ca/ca55/207
fully agree with lawson01..white is rite!..especially just below the navel as in "The Two Faces of Dr. Jekyll", also the white knickers contrast nicely with a tanned midriff...peter
ReplyDelete