Saturday, November 18, 2006

The Cancan in the News and in the Blogs

I thought I would set up a message board for news stories and blog articles about the cancan.  Google has an "alerts" feature that sends an email with recent apperances of a search term in news articles and on blogs.  I'm subscribed for "cancan" and "can-can". Most of it is off-topic, but every once in a while there is something interesting.
 
Here are a couple of items that I thought I would pass along.  Please add messages to this board if you find something you think the other members would find of interest.
 

 

Old records tell family stories
By Steve Seymour
My Dad recalled soldiers in his outfitit singing the first song, which translates to "
Ginza Cancan Girl." The song was a pop hit in 1949 and was included in a Japanese film of the period starring Hideko Takamine, who apparently ...
Rock n Roll Graffiti - http://rocknrollgraffiti.blogspot.com

 

I wonder if the film (Ginza kankan musume) is available and if had a real cancan in it? Here's the IMDB listing for it:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0259326/

 

 

Variety.com - 'Can Can' to get a rewrite
By Showpeople
Former "Frasier" producer-writer David Lee will direct and write a new book for the Cole Porter musical "Can Can" that will have its world premiere at the Pasadena Playhouse next summer. The Playhouse is billing the show as a ...
Platinum Broadway Radio - http://showpeople.typepad.com/platinumbroadway/

 

 

Let's hope they get it right.

Barbebleu

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.