Saturday, November 25, 2006

New (to me anyway) Search Engine

The Guardian of today carries an advert entitled "Does the world need another search engine?".  This addition can be found at www.Live.com and has several interesting features.  Searching for cancan images brought up over 12000 hits (although I could only access the first 960).  You can determine how many images you want displayed on a page using a slider bar at the top.  Moving your cursor over an image opens up a larger version with both image and main site links displayed. There is a scatchboard facility that allows you to drag your chosen images to an area to the right of the display window as you go along for examining/saving later.  Many of the usual images are there but there were ones that I had not seen including a couple linking to a collection of images supposedly from La Belle Epoque.  Anyway, have a look for yourself and I am sure that the likes of Barbebleu will discover much more than my cursory (no pun intended) inspection.
 
AduC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.