DVD ALERT:
Hammer Film's Two faces of Dr Jekyll is now available on DVD in wide screen format. Film quality seems to be slightly dark and grainy, but the current release is probably as close to the original cinematic version as we're likely to get at the moment. If interested, you can order a copy from Ghost House Productions; they specialize in rare and difficult-to-find classics from the golden age. Direct link to the DVD:Enjoy.

thank you so much for alerting the group to what is my favourite can-can film which arrived today and is superb quality! i first saw this film in b/w in 1972 before i had a colour telly and then to my delight it was shown at a nearby cinema two years later. when it was next on telly i tried to film the sequence with a cine camera but the camera jammed! i thought i was doomed to never seeing it again until today. i like the traditional white knickers from that era and the navel display from two of the girls...lovely!
ReplyDelete...I like the traditional white knickers from that era and the navel display from two of the girls...lovely! What - do you mean like this, PJ? Or, do you mean like this? Or, do you mean something like this? Well, I guess the belly-button thing is sorta cute, but personally, I've always been more partial to this sort of stuff: And this: Not to mention this: Of course, don't take my word for it; order the DVD for yourself. It really is a gem of a movie, and the film quality is actually a lot better than these pictures suggest. These are just a few of the screencaps I've made; I'll be adding more after I've had a chance to enhance them all in photoshop.
ReplyDeleteWow, Hate to be a History Nazi but the dancer's chemises and corsets would have covered there navels at that time period.
ReplyDeleteStill...some great "caps" of a great cancan scene.
Thank you,
Scott