Sunday, July 16, 2017

A Tale of Two Bastilles

1) No, I wasn't planning to attend the annual 60th Street FIAF shindig...

until my bestie and favorite model (not to mention occasional cancan girl!) Sativa Verte rang me up at noon on the day of the fest and said "You still going to Bastille Day?"

So we went. Watched the Karen Peled dancers' last performance of the day. Enjoyed macarons and meat on sticks and had a better-than-anticipated time.


2) ...until the middle of the following week, when I discovered, entirely by accident, that Jersey City (next NJ town over from me in Bayonne) was having their own Bastille Day street festival. It was smaller (one short block rather than four long blocks in midtown Manhattan), the food was decent but nowhere near as varied as NY...

But oh my stars, the entertainment (courtesy of NYC's Love Show dancers) was AWESOME.
















(If the dancers look familiar, they've also appeared at the Bastille Day street fest in NYC's Tribeca neighborhood - which I could never attend because it always occured on a weekday, dammit.)

And...oh what the hell, I went for the selfie.


But wait! There's video of the blessed event, too!


(Be sure to view in high-def)



The Love Show NYC's website

Their social networks: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

The French American Academy (hosts of the Jersey City event)

Le Flatline

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.