Greetings and welcome to CLUB CCD! The main discussion forum is located at the Groups.io group, "Cancan Group", which you are encouraged to join. Its url is: https://groups.io/g/CancanGroup/ . A subscription link is shown at the bottom of that page. See the link on the right side of this page to "About this Group - How to Join" for information about how this site is organized and where things are located.
Monday, October 24, 2016
Doubling Down - Madame Gigi's Outrageous French Cancan Dancers
Well, I still like them.
Here's a performance from 2014 in which they have on their older and, in my opinion better, costumes on. Now, if they would combine these with some stockings, the visuals would be much better.
The performance may not be Broadway quality, but how many are? Overall I think it's pretty darn good and very entertaining. The ladies are having fun performing, and I enjoy watching them. I think that's what it is about. We aren't blessed with all that many cancan troupes in this country, and Madame Gigi's has been and still is a much appreciated asset to our community.
That said, I think we should feel free to comment and offer constructive criticism on the quality of dancing, originality of the performance, costuming, production values, etc., but I also think we should refrain from commenting on the physical attributes of the dancers. Not everyone can be a fashion model.
I applaud all the ladies who take the time and effort to put on performances for us. I don't think we should discourage any of them.
BB
Original video at;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1_7WoeKOVI
Earlier posts, with links, photos and videos:
http://clubccd.blogspot.com/search?q=madame
Labels:
madame gigi's
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.