Thursday, October 14, 2010

Possibilities!

I may have stumbled upon an undiscovered treasure on Flickr.  As soon as I can pick out the links I'll post them.  Here's what I know.  Last time I was on Flickr I typed in "Santa Barbara French Festival" in the search function and got quite a surprise!

My primary focus is searching for pictures of the Can-Can girls that have been a fixture at the event for years.  I began attending the festival in 2001 and did so for 5 years.  I hated that I stopped attending after 2006, but extenuating circumstances in my life got in the way.

Next year, I believe that I will be able to attend without giving my family the usual pretexts about being "interested in celebrations of culture" and other such purposes which are not entirely lies because I like going to different fairs that celebrate what is around the world.

For now, I believe a little teaser will do quite nicely; check out this address and there are a few treats there to entice those who are interested: http://www.frenchfestival.com/.

Click on the "activities" button to get a list of entertainment acts.  Keep your eyes out for the West Coast Ballet, they alone hold the crown jewel of performances!

Also click on the "press kit" button and you'll find a sidebar with four decent can-can pictures that may just whet your appetite as they did to mine!

I've been away too long and now I've got the means to really do stuff on my own in the Summer.  Next year I will not be denied!  I am going to that festival come Hell or High Water and I have more than a few ideas up my sleeve to make those coming days...magical!

Wish me luck!

P.S., those press kit pictures can be zoomed in!  Hold on to your seats, 'cause there may be some surprises in store!

1 comment:

  1. sounds great, looking forward to hearing more- an event sponsored by Kronenbourg (a most wonderful beer) is worth watching :-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.