Sunday, October 22, 2006

Control over posting photos?

This message has been deleted by the manager or assistant manager.

3 comments:

  1. This message has been deleted by the manager or assistant manager.

    ReplyDelete
  2. >I think I recall that that is what happened at the CyberPavillion, but I may be >mistaken.   Only partially.      What happened at the 'Pavilion was this: there was a page about Wild West City, showcasing the cancan show and the teenagers who performed it, with photos I'd taken of the dancers.   WWC cried foul on the basis of (a) intellectual property/copyright infringment (even though the photos were my own) and (b) what they perceived as showcasing underaged girls in a sexual context (ehh, maybe -- I've never hid the fact that the cancan is my number one turn-on).  They must have forwarded their complaint to GeoCities at the same time, because before I could remove the offending page, the entire site had been flushed down the pissoir.   (Mind you, that has not stopped me from returning to the City every summer or two, with increasingly better and better camera equipment.  And no one's given me grief about it yet...)   And to get this topic back on track: I support Perry's suggestion to avoid ANY photos of minors in the current galleries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear All   Perry's authoritative message on this issue says it all and I would recommend that we adopt that as sound practice from this moment onwards.  As someonoe who has been involved in the education of young people all my life, I deplore even innocent exploitation: certainly, images of under 14s dancing the cancan do absolutely nothing for me: quite the reverse.  Needless to say, if this site seems to encourage pornography of any sort, I would have to resign my membership, so we do need to control the images.  Screenshots are more problematic: it is interesting to see videos taken from live television removed from YouTube on a regular basis.    Anyway, full support from me for Barbebleu's initiative and your considered responses.   Anthony 

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.