It is a "take" for the film Nana from 1982, although it is not identified as such. The Nana video is available in streaming format on Netflix, and you can see just how much of this was left on the cutting room floor when it was inserted into the film.
The You Tube original is at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFx0gbBJJz8
The full 1982 Nana is at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZVDECAQM0A
(The cancan is during the opening sequence)
This has a timer superimposed on the screen from Kino Library, the outfit that is trying to sell rights to view it unobstructed, but it doesn't obscure things too much. (I'm not trying to sell anything and I'm not urging anyone to buy this.)
If only there were a library of the original full length cancan scenes before they were edited from the films of the past.
Kino Library might, in a small way, serve that purpose, as the Nana clip demonstrates. I visited the site. It is geared for professionals. It has viewable samples but no way to self-search for content online. You would have to contact them to have a search done. I did find a brief cancan clip I hadn't seen before included in their "Dancing " showreel. The site is:
http://kinolibrary.com/
BB
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.